Friday, October 1, 2010

Yellow @ MoMA

One of the coolest/simplest ideas for an exhibit.  "Olafur Eliasson: Take Your Time" at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in NYC, summer 2008. There were many different aspects to the show, often involving lights or video projections on a loop, but this was by far my favorite.  At the entrance to the third floor of the MoMa they replaced all the fluorescent bulbs with yellow bulbs.  The effect was awesome, since it made everything look like a sepia photograph.  Everything INSTANTLY became monochromatic. The only images of this are with my friends, and I'm sure they don't want me to put pictures of them up, so you get to look at me instead haha.  The exhibit page of this past event at the MoMA is HERE.
Found a way around the photograph identity issue.

Shadows/light created from a central spinning prism.


No comments:

Post a Comment