Sunday, November 14, 2010

Henry Selick

What a delightful man...I can't stop looking at him.
LOOK AT HIM!
He's just the coolest!
Henry Selick is a directorial and stop motion genius.  GENIUS!  There, I said it.  Tim Burton may be cool in terms of design, but Henry Selick friggin directed and animated "The Nightmare Before Christmas."  And "James and the Giant Peach."  And "Coraline."  And a film called "Monkeybone" that I've never seen (but it's in my Netflix queue so that will change soon).  Please, please go watch and admire and revel in the beauty and magic of these films!

Sally & Jack
This actually looks like a video game image or something.
It's CGI-ish.
Tim Burton totally appreciating how awesome Henry Selick is.
One more fun Tim Burton image, for good measure.



Just take a moment to appreciate how awesome this illustration is.

For the record, "CORALINE" WAS NOT DIRECTED BY TIM BURTON!!!
Everyone thinks so because it's animated by HENRY SELICK.  Since it was advertised as with the "Nightmare Before Christmas" title, it was assumed Tim Burton was all over it.  And the story is by NEIL GAIMAN.  And I am in love with him.  No, really.
 Some of the best promotional artwork I have seen for a film in a long time:
 I'm not going to even pretend that I don't have the Coraline sneakers,
because I'm a dweeeeeb!

No comments:

Post a Comment